I’m very happy to report there are a lot of good partners in local government.
- There’s actually an enormous number of creative people in government — I wouldn’t call it a majority, but there’s enough of them.
- The notion is we should only be there for a year — because we can’t be their innovation engine. We’re showing them what’s possible and pushing the will to change back on them.
- We’re also looking at how can some of the apps become businesses? So some of them will live on in government, and some will be in business.
- We can’t give up on government. It’s the last big market that needs disruption.
- We’re not going to solve the political problem until we acknowledge that politics is a thin layer above bureaucracy.
- One of the great things is that a lot of these apps are open sourced. We’re also looking at how some of the apps can become businesses.