I get angry at things when they don’t work.
- I always employ graduates — they have no fear. I don’t want experience. I want people who feel like they are pioneering who are doing something different.
- Young engineers want to change things and do things differently. Go try it. It will work eventually. Don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t work the first time.
- There’s very few jobs in life where you know the answer before you do it. You have to work it out. So why don’t we teach people at school to have failure and learn by experience?
- You’re only as good as the product you’re making. People don’t buy a brand, they buy a product. I don’t believe in brands. Sorry.
- Luckily I’ve gotten to the point in the business where I don’t have to manage anybody. I don’t think I never did anyways, we just got on with things.
- I think a designer or an artist is more interested in how something looks. But an engineer wonders about how something works and what’s inside.