There’s no reason we can’t continue to compete with the best in the world.
- The consumer does not want to have a disconnected life when they get into their car.
- The neat thing about Ford is we are right at the intersection of the things we care about: contributing to the government, energy independence, and environmental sustainability.
- We are all going to be paying more for energy worldwide. The mature markets are big and the developing markets are going to grow even faster.
- When we restructured our business and accelerated our development — we didn’t know what was going to happen to the economy, so we borrowed more than we needed to. But I never had a doubt we could turnaround Ford.
- We have non-gas vehicles that only go 100 miles because of the economics of our customer base. It goes to the original idea of Henry Ford, to get everyone on the road.
- Right now a battery costs $15K for a 100 mile range. The most important thing is finding a way to manufacture electric batteries in a cost efficient way.